Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Next stop, 5K, maybe....

So, this morning I did 6 miles for the first time. I did run/walk and I tried to keep my heart rate in my zone. So I was letting my heart rate be my guide as to how long I would run or walk. I did the first 3 miles in 33 minutes and the second 3 in 34 minutes, (it was more up hill) for a total of 1 hour and 7 minutes. Now I have a baseline to work from. That may be as fast as it gets for me. So you may want to kick me off the team now and get it over with. ;)

4 comments:

The Gustin Family said...

5K? What?? You're ready for the 10K!! And what are you talking about - kick you off the team?? You're our star runner so far! :) That is great times Mom - Keep it up! :)

Unknown said...

Mom, that is so awesome! The best I could ever run is 6 miles in 1 hour. That was at my most tip top shape. YOU ARE AMAZING!
And mom, we've been over this. A 10K is about 6 miles! You CAN do that. DUH! I wish *cough* I *cough* was ready *cough* *COUGH* to do it with *cough* you. I'm getting a little sick and tired of being sick and tired.

The Starks' said...

MOM, you are A-MAZ-ING!!! Coleen is right....you are the star runner!! When you do your 10K, let me know, and the kids and I will be at the finish line!!!

James and Dixie Moore Family said...

Good job Mom!!!! That is FAST! Keep at it!