Wednesday, September 9, 2009

NEXT CHALLENGE

This ones gonna be easy and so fun! I want to invite any one who can come to our first team race! We are going to do a 5K on Saturday, October 3rd! Now I know you (in AZ) might be thinking oh it's still too hot. But we're going to PAYSON yay! Its the Rim Country Challenge. And they don't call it that because it's easy. But the good news is, it's only 3 miles and we can do 3 miles! Donald is going to do the Half Marathon so I need lots of people to come out and run with me. Registration is only 20$ if you sign up online before September 3oth. http://www.rimcountrychallenge.com/registration.htm We can all caravan together and it can be a really fun trip. Maybe we should wear matching headbands or something, ha ha.
Call me, email me, but go sign up ASAP!
P.S. Those of you not in AZ, find a race I know you can't be here so find a race in October that you can compete with others and get a time. Then post them for us :) Hopefully everyone can post their times in October and we'll see how close we are to our goal of an average of 11 minute miles.
(I know what race you're doing, Scott)

7 comments:

Christi in AZ said...

You want some cheerleaders?? I'd come up to Payson for the day with my kids and cheer you on!!

Unknown said...

For sure! And if your kids are interested there is a 1 mile fun run/walk for kids.

Mom/Grandma said...

I hope I can come. We can wear matching bandannas. Thats just my idea.

The Gustin Family said...

I will find something to do here! :) I went running for the first time this week and it was HARD!!!!! I did 3 miles one day and 4 the next. About half way through I wanted to quit SO bad!!It was harder than my half marathon last year! There's nothing like starting over! :) But I was proud of myself for getting out there. I keep telling myself it will only get easier. Thanks for the motivation Shannon, I wish I could do the payson run! And yes do something matching anfd you might be famous! My friends and I wore matching pink shirts in our 1/2 last year and we just found out that our picture is published in a little magazine callled The Lake Chelan Summer Recreation Guide! Pretty sweet, huh?

Unknown said...

That's awesome Coleen! You still make us all look like whimps.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LUCKY7 said...

sounds good! We will all need to record confrence, that is that weekend. I like the bandanna idea mom had.