Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's GO TIME!

All right runners!!! It's decision time. Are you in? Or are you out? I hope you are in because it is going to be a really amazing experience to accomplish this. For most of us who are NOT runners this is a huge step but it's not about running the Ragnar tomorrow. It's about working really hard for the next 5 months to be able to complete this fun challenge. And all your work will pay off I promise. You will not regret any of it. It will be hard, but worth it. So your IN right?

I talked to Coleen and Todd recently and unfortunately, they are out. I know, I know that's sad because she was our inspiration. But they can't afford the trip to AZ with their family of 8. I understand. Maybe we can convince Coleen to come?

There are a few of you guys that I haven't talked to about this in a LONG time. I don't know where you're at? Let me know, email me at fmxragnar@gmail.com I need every one's email address who is on the FMX team. We need at least 12 confirmed runners by September 30th. I also need to 85$ from each runner before September 30th. That's when the money is due for the team. We are confident that we are going to kick butt, so we are going to take care of the 1020$ it costs to enter the race no matter what, but Donald and I are very poor college students so if you could please get your part to us that would be awesome.

Also I have a really easy training schedule I can email you that promises to get you ready for the race in 4 months! I've been working on it. It's easy.

I know everyone is busy with school getting back in, and work and the Holidays will be here very soon... Just remember that the most rewarding opportunities aren't the easy ones to accomplish. The harder the work and dedication the bigger the pay off. You will not regret being IN.

4 comments:

Mom/Grandma said...

I want to be the first to say that I am in. I will get my money to you this week or next. I doneed the training schedule. Now that I have said that I am in, I hope that does not make others decide not to run because of the grandma on the team. LETS DO THIS THING!!!!

LUCKY7 said...

THAT IS RIGHT... LET'S DO THIS THING!!! Mom- if anything you are going to just make us want to run more. SO, I'm suckin' it up pretty bad on the treadmill, BUT I shaved 20 seconds off my mile on tuesday so that means progress :) As soon as I have money for a stroller I can start training outside. I just want you guys to know that this is already one of the hardest things I have done. I feel like crap while I am running and I have the worst headache after I run, but I WILL keep at this and I WILL accomplish this thing. I know it will get easier. I know I can I know I can I know I can! :)(too much watty piper with Brigg) Love you all!

Hunters said...

You already know I'm in. We should talk about the money. I'm not good at mailing stuff but we'll see you 9 Oct. I have paid Donald's entrance fee. I also have a room with 2 queens for our van for Saturday night. I'm guessing you guys will be flying in Thursday. I don't know where we are all staying yet, but you'll need a hotel room for Thursday night. You'll have to pick up the rental van when you arrive Thursday. Are you guys ok with helping out for gas and rental? Do you have any idea what time you would fly in? Perhaps this is best done by phone.

At any rate, I'm in. If you need another runner, my boss (who is also running with us in Oct) said he'd do it too. Let me know,

Scott

The Gustin Family said...

OK you have no idea how badly I want to be a part of this!! I am still going to train with you guys and just maybe when its closer I can come and be a part of it somehow!! You will have the BEST time!! I don't want to miss a minute! :(