Friday, October 2, 2009

I DID IT!

I took the plunge! WE ARE IN OFFICIALLY! We are Team 076 "FMX" Ha ha Yesss. So... Remember that training chart I gave to you a month and a half ago? Well if you have been trying to start training and falling off the wagon a little here and there, or if you have been procrastinating starting to train because you think there is plenty of time.... well
NEWS FLASH!
You have no more time to take it easy. It's time to get serious. You now have only 4 months to get in shape for this race. And before you know it February will be here! If you're like me, and you need to feel the pressure, you now have to treat your training as if the Ragnar is next week. A good way to do this is to be working towards smaller but challenging goals. Like the 5k that we are doing tomorrow. Next month we will do a 10k and the month after that. And each time we will try to best our times. In AZ it's getting much cooler so you can run outside now. If you guys want to get together once a week or every other week and run a long distance run that would be fun??? Any other ideas to keep each other motivated?
I'm so excited about this race! And I'm so glad we are doing it as family and friends!
-Love Shannon-
P.S. I signed up the team and paid for it as well. So as soon as those of you who have not got me your moola can do that, that would be great.

3 comments:

Shari D. Kurtz said...

You are a hero of mine. I want to do this training thing but can't join up quite yet for fear of slowing the rest of you down. I will when I am ready and don't die after 2 minutes of running. When I can stay alive for more than 10 minutes of running, I'll call you. Until then, happy running to you all!

Unknown said...

No join now!

Mom/Grandma said...

Yes, Join now!!! We need you and don't worry about slowing us down. We are all (at least I am) pretty much in the same boat. That is why we train. Take that first step. This is new to most of us.