Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am thankful for perfect timing.....almost.....

Mom called this morning to remind me that she and Shannon were running in a 2 mile fun run and it was a nice morning if we wanted to come watch. We didnt have much time, so I was RUSHING the kids to get dressed....lets go!! Well, the roads were all blocked off, and I wasn't sure we'd make it since we had to go the LONG way. While we were driving, we SAW mom and Shannon running!!!! We yelled to them from the car, but now I was SURE we wouldnt make it to the finish line before they got there. We parked (far away) and began our own mini fun run to try to make it from Red Mountain High School main entrance to the center of Red Mountain Park before mom and SHannon did. We got our hustle on and got there JUST in time to catch this.....
a few seconds later, I found out we actually did miss mom crossing the finish line the first time. She finished just slightly ahead of Shannon and went back to run in with her. GO MOM, GO SHANNON!! They were exhilerated (sp?) at the finish, and we were happy to be there to cheer for them (and we got a little run in too, LOL)

3 comments:

James and Dixie Moore Family said...

Good job guys! James ran a 5K this morning. He did awesome but said he felt so out of shape. Good job Christi running to catch the finish, too!!

The Gustin Family said...

Shannon and Mom - you are so great!!! Your mile times are great! And I bet you felt better all day (especially on this eating holiday:) Godd job James too!

Careena Daly said...

How exciting! I am so sad we are moving because I REALLY need some running friends!

Congrats on running 2 miles- that's an awesome accomplishment!