Thursday, November 13, 2008

I was thinking the same thing!

I'm alive. :)

I am still going strong. I got really sick for 2 weeks with a hacking cough that was keeping me up all night and wouldn't let me run a step with out choking. That was a huge set back. But I decided that I wasn't going to start over with the training I was going to pick it up right where I left off. SURPRISINGLY it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. :) I'm still planning on running the 10k on Thanksgiving morning and I'm SO nervous about that because I've been doing all my running on a tread mill. So we'll see how it goes.

Donald is the slacker. Ha ha. He has a new job with Fed Ex and he gets up at 230 in the morning and lifts boxes all day. He's been pretty wiped. But he'll be fine. He's one of "those." He's a natural athlete but he's not ready for Ragnar if he wants to do well. And he knows that. He can run a mile in 6 minutes or something like that but he cant keep that pace up for too long, yet. He will get back to training with me when he gets used to his job.

I don't know about the others down here in AZ. I think they think they have all the time in the world. That's scary way of thinking. Build up enough tomorrows and you'll look back and find you've got a whole lot of empty yesterdays. Said Professor Harold Hill.

You're gonna have to be the motivator.

3 comments:

The Gustin Family said...

I signed up for a 10K on Dec 14th called The Christmas Rush. I needed a motivator to get me out in our super yucky weather. I don't have a gym membership so all my running has to be in the cold wet weather. So why are all your miles on the treadmill?? Your weather is awesome!! And I love running and actually getting somewhere.

Unknown said...

Ha ha, it's funny Coleen that you say our weather is so awesome. It just barely got awesome. It was still to HOT for me last week. I would rather run inside in 75 than outside in 90. But your right. It's perfect now. I should get outside. The tread mill is just so much easier to keep my time and pace for me. Plus... I didn't buy a membership to not use it.

Mom/Grandma said...

I can't figure out how to post on this blog. So here is my comment. I am still training. I had this thing with my eye so I had to lay off for about a week. But I am back at it. I do my training a little different. I let my heart rate be my guide. I run/walk one day then I walk the next day. I try not to let my heart rate (I wear a monitor) get above a certain point that is my maximum. And gradually I should be able to run longer and keep it in the zone. Don't forget to streach after your workout. That will help you to not have runners injuries. and for mor info go to runnersworld.com. They have some great article and tips for beginners and all levels of training. So, lets get movin'!!