Wednesday, March 2, 2011

SLow and steady wins the race.....right?....

Well, on Monday I was 4 weeks post op....and I am feeling good. My biggest complaint is that the weight seems to be coming off SO SLOWLY....but it is coming off, and I guess that is what matters. I know we are not supposed to compare ourselves to others, but it is hard when I see people losing 30+ lbs a month, and I lost just 13. Oh well. That is an average of 3lbs a week, and if I can maintain that, then in a year I will be down 150lbs....almost to my goal. I can live with that.

Because the weight is coming off slowly, the scale was making me CRAZY....so I only weigh once a week. If I look back at the last month and take just my Monday weigh in's, I show a loss each week...even if it is only one pound. That makes me feel better.

I joined a gym this week, and I have been there every day since....well, that's only 2 days, but it is a start. I also started an official food journal so I can track my protien, fat, carbs, calories, and fluid intake. I have been following all the rules, I just havent been writing it down until now. I want to have a hard copy so that I can show the dietician when I go in....in case my weight loss does not pick up.

My goal was to be down 100lbs (from my weight on Jan 03, 2011) before we move to Atlanta...well, that is in 3 more months which means I still want to loose about 65 more lbs. That is 20-25 lbs a month. I hope I can do it!!

Mom took my measurements, and since the first of the year, I have lost a total of 15.75 inches....WOW!! I didnt believe her, and I made her measure again.

3 comments:

LUCKY7 said...

Congrats christi! you are doing awesome! It is probably better for you that you are losing slower. for sure it will be easier on your skin, giving it time to shrink with you. I have heard a few people complain that they lost it so fast their skin couldn't keep up. Maybe you won't have that problem as much.

Mom/Grandma said...

I like Megans thoughts on the skin issue. You are doing great and if you keep up the pace you will be doing great. You look amazing by the way.

Unknown said...

Loosing slower is better for you all around! Your heart needs time to adjust to the new size as well. I like where you are going though. Big goals! Good luck at the gym! That will make a world of difference! And your heart will thank you!
Great JOB Christi! I'm so proud and inspired by you!