Sunday, September 14, 2008

OUR 1ST Goal! Thanksgiving 10K!


Yeah! Lets get training! We are going to run a 10k on Thanksgiving morning at 9am! What a way to work up an appetite for food :) 10k is about 6.2 miles so it's a lot to train for if you're not running yet. But you have 10 weeks to get in gear and you can do that! And then when November 27th comes around if you are not there yet, you can always Run/Walk the 10k you don't have to run the whole time. The point is that we do our best!


The Race Location: Red Mountain Park

Fee: 18$

Date: November 27th Thanksgiving Day @ 9:00am



I will sign everyone up that wants to run if you just let me know. Or you can do it on your own. It would be really cool to go together obviously. And Christi, there is a 2 and 1 mile run that your kids or any one who wants to can do with us!
-Shannon-

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sally and Jay, I just googled a 10k in my area. It was easy. Coleen says it a good idea to give yourself small goals on the way and make them bigger. I think she's right. So find one, and sign up!

The Gustin Family said...

You guys have the greatest Thanksgiving weather for running a 10K! That sounds like its going to be awesome!

Mom/Grandma said...

OK, so I did my first run/walk workout this morning. I did one of my normal 3 mile routes and it felt really good. How long should that take? Anyway, my heart rate got a little too high a couple of times. But it should get better for me. I think I want my first one to be a 5K. Our stake has one of those on Thanksgiving morning too. And it just costs some canned food. We will see.