Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Shore to Shore 1/2 marathon




I ran in a 1/2 marathon yesterday in Lake Chelan. It was soo much fun and it feels good to have accomplished it. If you're like me running for 2 1/2 hours doesn't really sound all that fun, so grabbing a friend (or a couple of them) worked for me! These girls and I have trained together since May. We always have great conversations and a lot of fun. On this run we came up with sooo many mataphors that are true in running and also true in life. There were people of all shapes, sizes, and ages on the course. Mom, you can do it, because tons of 70 year old men were running the full marathon!! Some were barely moving their feet, but they were in it for 26! So I guess now what's next????

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are the best Coleen! I am so excited for you! I am so excited to be on that path. We are all gonna be running these. What a great feeling.

Hunters said...

That's Awesome that you accomplished a half marathon. Wow! I'm Donald's sister, in case you don't know who the heck is writing this. Scott, my husband, just got back from running the Ragnar Relay this past weekend in Washington D.C. My favorite part is that he got a cool shirt and a medal to go with it:) Jessie