Saturday, June 12, 2010

Shannon's Week 6 Weigh In!

I'm STILL at 233!

The scale is right between 232 and 233. I almost just said 232 because I deserve it!!! What the heck is going on!? I am working my butt off here. Only my butt is not going anywhere. This last week I went to the gym 4 times. I changed my cal intake so 3 of these week days I have consumed less than 1600 cal. I have had a 1000 to 1500 cal deficit almost every day. And I am NOT fudging my calorie numbers, if anything I record that I've eaten more than I did. So what's happening? I doubt I am a miracle of science. How it works is, you eat less and spend more. I am doing it. So the only explanation I can come up with is that right now I am loosing body fat but not weight. We will see soon... When I first signed up at the gym they took my body fat % and I am going to go back for my monthly and have them test me again. HOPEFULLY my hard work shows up.
By the way I feel great! Going to the gym makes me so happy. Yesterday a lady came up to me after Zumba class and said I had "nice moves" and I laughed. She said "you are a dancer, you are so coordinated." That was nice, I feel dumb in those classes but it's FUN!

5 comments:

Sally and Jay said...

SHANNON HAVE YOUR THYROID CHECKED??? THIS COULD BE PART OF THE PROBLEM IF YOURS IS HYPOACTIVE

Unknown said...

I think I will! Thanks Sally!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

The other thing you might want to do is, eat more frequently. I know that when I don't eat as often as I should, I don't lose the weight. Your body thinks it needs to pack the fat on because it doesn't "know when it will get fed again"

I also think you might be eating to few calories. I am basing everthing off of the P90 diet, (I'm sure you are tired of hearing about it) but I eat almost 3000, and Sheila is around 2700. She is still loosing weight even though she is done with the excercise portion. Make sure that your calories are good ones.

I hope, you don't mind the un-soliceted advice. Good luck.

LUCKY7 said...

Shan it sounds like you did everything perfect this week, you should have lost. keep at it. you are such a hard worker. I thought the exact same thing as sally when I read your post. But I thought that you had had it checked before, I must be thinking of another sister:) you really should get that checked on, because this is ridiculous you should be dropping with all that work and that few of cals.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice! I'm not tired of hearing about P90x Chad! It worked for you, and you are excited about it. I would be singing about it, too! I did get it but I heard about it a day too late and I already had my gym membership locked down. I really enjoy the classes at my gym though. :)
I was eating 2200 cal a day and I thought maybe that was too much that's why I cut back. I will try eating more often.