Monday, May 10, 2010

Checked my labs today....

Overall about the same as last time....still have some work to do. Need to bring my "good" cholesterol up, and lower my "bad" cholesterol....my overall cholesterol # is fine though. Triglycerides still need to drop about 50 more points. Sugar and A1C are still too high (diabetic - duh). I am now undermedicated for my thyroid, so we made some medication adjustments....that should help the energy level a bit. I was down 5lbs from the last time I saw him, so he was happy with that....I was not as happy with that as he was.

Basically, I am doing OK....not great, but OK....I need to exercise. That would bring all those numbers into allignment. Need to get a good plan for that. I am going to call a trainer that my Dr. recommended today. I am sure he is way too pricey, but I'll call and talk to him anyhow. The Dr. keeps telling me that if I was hurting or aching anywhere we could get the insurance to cover him to train me.....problem is, I dont. Bummer.

I go back to the Dr. on July 1st. - 7 weeks. I want to be down 20lbs more by then.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Work hard! Your health is worth it. You are worth it! If you don't have a trainer think of ONE thing you can do each day that is an extra thing for 10 minutes. I promise it will make a difference! It doesn't have to be a big thing but set a timer for 10 minutes, ONLY 10 yay! Things like take your crazy dogs on a walk, do squats holding a gallon of water, do step up-step downs in your back yard, lay on your back and do leg lifts and scissors, stuff like that. I'm sure you can think of more so you don't get bored.

Mom/Grandma said...

I think you are doing great. Keep it up.