Thursday, May 13, 2010

One week into it

Start weight 260

Today's weight 260

Whelp. That about sums it all up right.

This weeks progress:

Friday, Marie was all set to purchase a treadmill I had found on line. I had helped with the logistics of picking it up because she was going to leave it at my house because she is moving in in July and didn't want to move it twice. So I was looking forward to having a treadmill to walk on for the next few months and I was really motivated. Well Friday morning her Lily got sick and had to go to the vet. It cost Marie her treadmill fund and I was so sad to not be getting it. (Lily will be fine). The point is on Tuesday I was sitting at home at 8:45 or 9 pm and thinking about how it would be nice to have a treadmill to walk on while I watched NCIS. Then I realized I can walk in my house without the help of a treadmill! So I started waling back and forth behind the couch while I watched TV. I walked for about an hour and a half. I wasn't speed walking, but I was moving. (Gary was very confused by the pacing) Then on Wed night I did it again. I was not expecting it to show at my weigh in today, but I feel better and can see that I am sleeping better and have more energy during the day. A simple change and no equipment needed. So that is what I am adding this next week. Indoor walking if I am watching something I borrowed from the library, I am walking not sitting. I will keep you updated.

Nancy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GOOD change! That is one of the things the body bugg suggested. Pacing instead of sitting still. Great idea! You will do it! Also try the 10 minute mini work out thing I posted on Christi's post. It is simple easy and you would be suprised at how effective.

LUCKY7 said...

That is so cool. I would have never thought of pacing but calories are calories. Burn baby burn!

Mom/Grandma said...

Glad you are in and not making excuses. That is awesome. There is this plan called "Change One". You are making a good start.